Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vertical windmill assembly and what comes with it  (Read 659 times)

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
Vertical windmill assembly and what comes with it
« on: April 19, 2011, 02:54:47 pm »

Hello audience! alright!

So, the idea is that you should also be able to create a vertical windmill assembly. it would look sortof like this
Code: [Select]
.|. ../ ... \..
.*. .*. -*- .*.
.|. /.. ... ..\

What makes this different from the regular windmills is that instead if simply generating power out of nowhere, this would require some sort of airborn object to make it spin- Miasma, smoke or falling watter. It would have to be bellow or above a gear assembly in order to work.

Now, what this would need is either the ability to make a fire/fireplace that burns for a considerable amount of time. You should also have the ability to have a zone that gets refilled with garbage every time there is no miasma on/in it.

Thoughts?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Vertical windmill assembly and what comes with it
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 03:00:08 pm »

Thoughts?

Why would this even be necessary? We already have this.  And Miasma has no flow, it just disperses.  The idea of generating power from decaying matter by it's WIND is really quite strange.  I mean, if it were generating fertilizer, or using warmth somehow, fine.

But why would you ever need a power generator that requires dead things beneath it?

It would, however, be nice if heat generated air flow.  And if it did, this suggestion would be superfluous since you could just place a NORMAL windmill somewhere that the heat was already generating an air flow.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.