Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: game crashed  (Read 1451 times)

kane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
game crashed
« on: October 31, 2007, 12:20:00 pm »

i just build the Jeweler's workshop, and i set it to cut two different gems twice.
one was pink something, the 2nd i can't remember its name.
then i exited the workshop menu and this is what happened:

and a small bug i noticed, when i was placing some building and the menu of distance of rocks appeared, it said, distance to rock: -7500

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: game crashed
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 10:26:00 pm »

Any other reports on this one?  Also, had you built a well?  That can cause an intermittent crash.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

kane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 04:34:00 am »

no well was built.
but that last four workshops i built were: tanner's, bowyer's, jeweler's and clothesmaker's workshop.

i also placed two gem stockpiles and queued "Plant fiber make rope" and "Plant fiber saw image" prior to queuing the gem cutting.

EDIT: the other gem was resin opal.

EDIT: i think i reproduced it!
i went in full-screen mode and then built all four workshops.
i then queued the cutting of those two gems(resin opal,pink garnet, in that order) and while the jeweler already started working on the first gem i went in windowed mode, which is where this happened again: http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3954/crash2uz1.png

[ November 01, 2007: Message edited by: kane ]

Ulgther

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 11:37:00 am »

i get the same error, but it seems to be happening at random for me, i also get memory read errors when I 'embark' for the second time after selecting skills and items.

Grue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fucked Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 02:31:00 pm »

I also got a random out-of-the-blue crash. It *may* be related to this one. It happened in the beginning of winter. The last message was "There is nothing to catch in the southern swamps." My most recent orders were:

plant fiber bag, rope and image (other poster mentioned it, so may be the cause)
various shell and bone items (may be related to those rotting away or something)

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 02:47:00 pm »

I've cut resin opal and some other gem at jewelers without incident, I didn't have any plant fiber or clothmaking going.

crunchypope

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 03:46:00 pm »

I've been having an intermittent crash in two fortresses (in the same world) so far.  Each time, it's within a couple minutes of loading the save, the game will either freeze indefinitely or straight-up crash.  I have had wells in both fortresses, is this likely the culprit?  And is it possible to remove the well and therefore the crashbug?

crunchypope

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 04:39:00 pm »

Removing the well stopped the crashing.  Cool.

kane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 06:24:00 am »

i'd just like to say that with the new version out(33a), the well problems have been fixed(at least the df-wiki says so)

hmm, perhaps the clothmaker's shop is doing the crashing, but don't forget, it only happens when i go from fullscreen to windowed mode.

Lord Nightmare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 11:10:00 am »

supposedly the well problems were only partly fixed, someone ran into the crash again.

LN

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"

Grue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fucked Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 03:11:00 pm »

OK, I just figured out the reason of my crash. The option "Sew plant fiber image" in Clothier's shop crashes the game reliably and repeatedly. I can provide a save if necessary.

rockjianrock

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 04:12:00 pm »

Grue, I've been having the same crash problems too, and I think it is "Sew plant fiber image".

kane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 04:30:00 am »

also, i agree, the well just froze my game and i had to kill it violently.
btw, i just successfully made a rope out of pig tail cloth, if that helps in any way :