Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten Beast what now?  (Read 360 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Forgotten Beast what now?
« on: April 19, 2011, 01:01:17 am »

I just got a message in my announcement log that a Bat Woman had been caught in a cloud of flame.

Curious, I checked my announcement log. Apparently a Forgotten Beast dropped out of a rage. And then caught two Bat Women and Bruce Wayne in clouds of flame. I'd hate to see him angry.

Odd thing is, I haven't breached the caverns, and I didn't get an announcement that a Forgotten Beast had come. So, is this normal? This is the first time it's happened to me, but I only breached the caverns for the first in my last fort.

Also, related question: I'm getting underground plants growing on my underground soil, even though, as mentioned before, I'm not into the caverns yet. I'm assuming they are somehow migrating from Glazedhalls (Previous fort), along with the news of igniting batfolk. Is this also the case?

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Forgotten Beast what now?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 01:03:13 am »

Is there a cave on the surface outside that reaches into the caverns?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 01:13:37 am »

On  my embark? It wouldn't appear so. Also, on the previous fort, I didn't get underground shrubs and trees until after I'd gotten into the caverns. So, either way, I don't believe so.

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 01:40:17 am »

The game obviously believes you discovered the caverns. Is there a volcano on the map? Check to see if that exposed the caverns through a nearby vent/pool. I've seen it happen.