Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hand to Hand Combat  (Read 386 times)

Garnett

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Hand to Hand Combat
« on: April 17, 2011, 08:55:57 pm »

So I've been messing around with the combat in the arena, and I think it would be rad if you could hit various pressure points or hit locations of interest.  For instance, in the current release striking at an enemy's ear merely causes bruising, where in real life it might disrupt inner ear function, causing lack of balance and other functions, slowing the enemy down.  Also, perhaps make it possible to crush the opponents wind pipe through throat punching, instead of justing bruising the area.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Hand to Hand Combat
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 09:58:35 pm »

Welcome to the forums.  :)

Before you making a suggestion, it is recommended that you make use of the search function at the top right of the page, and read the development pages to ensure that you are not making a duplicate request, and to hopefully ensure that the suggestion forums are used to build off of the arguments of the past refining the arguments towards better ideas, rather than rehashing the same arguments over and over again.

Many of the things that you describe are already slated to be introduced relatively soon on the development page. 

Currently, ears don't have actual function in the body to even disrupt, but Toady is working towards making more complex bodies that have more functions that can be disrupted by various damage.

Likewise, he is building towards having special stances, combat styles, and special attacks, which will add more depth to adventurer mode combat.

Also, try grappling the target's throat and just strangling them.  In hand-to-hand combat, that's pretty much the best weapon in your arsenal, and it's devastatingly effective.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare