Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf ignoring injury  (Read 353 times)

Korgus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf ignoring injury
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:26:32 am »

One of my miners broke his leg digging out my magma tunnel. After being unconcious for a while, he wakes up, digs the rescue tunnel the other miner was supposed to dig, and walks down the mountain to the hospital. And he's not even crawling. Is this a bug?
F*** your pointy ears I've my dwarves inside.
And f*** your wooden swords I've my dwarves inside.
F*** your bins of cloth I've my dwarves inside.
If you're looking to be killed I've my dwarves outside.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf ignoring injury
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 07:00:36 am »

I had my leg broken IRL and wasn't crawling, so why dwarf would do? ;) He should be in pain or extreme pain though. As a miner, he may be mighty, agile, indefatigable or similar, and tough guys are tough. I had a soldier who had her hands damaged by a goblin during siege, including nerve damage, and was bleeding, I thought she was a goner, but she ran to the forest and rested there, under a tree. Later, running goblins awakened her, and she run to the hospital - immediately before entry other soldier caught her and dragged to bed (hospital bed), but I doubt it was needed. I think in your case there were no med-evacs nearby, and the tough guy wasn't fainting, so he could manage on his own. One broken leg means ability to stand is impaired, but not lost. He can still grasp his axe.

Weaks will bleed and die, tough ones will survive. If genetics really works then maybe you could use some eugenics, sacrificing weak babies to the magma gods, and create a truly mighty tribe of survivors.

Korgus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf ignoring injury
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 12:24:46 pm »

I checked his description,and he is incredibly tough.
F*** your pointy ears I've my dwarves inside.
And f*** your wooden swords I've my dwarves inside.
F*** your bins of cloth I've my dwarves inside.
If you're looking to be killed I've my dwarves outside.