Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone know how to call GhostBusters?  (Read 494 times)

Fahgo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anyone know how to call GhostBusters?
« on: April 17, 2011, 04:43:19 am »

So I've got a Ghost haunting one of my stills. This normally wouldn't be a problem, build memorial and lay it to rest, but... it's name doesn't appear in the "Carve Memorial" list. It's not even in the Units list (except as a ghost). It's not even one of my dwarves, I'm guessing one of the caravan guards dodged into the volcanoe during last siege.

it keeps claiming a coffin too. but that doesnt stop it haunting my fort. any ideas?

utuki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know how to call GhostBusters?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 04:57:31 am »

its a known bug, if you really dont like him you can delete him using runesmith.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 05:25:48 am »

In my last fort : terrfying biome, badgers, giant badgers and badgermen + zombie versions of all of them, 7-8 reclaims, the last 3 reclaim attempts were 100% military dwarfs (a beserk dwarf from one wave killed 3/7 reclaim dwarves within a few seconds of embark one time) . I had about 70 dead dwarves by the time this outpost was secure, a big graveyard and 5 ghosts still running around. Did slabs for 3 of the remaining ghosts, but the same problem with last two names not appearing in the list.

I used the stock menu to find the remaining corpses, they were drowned in a river which had frozen over, so I mined the ice out, and this fixed the problem.

The same thing you said about claiming a coffin, the problem being your dwarves can't path to the corpse, so you have to locate it and create a path.

Fahgo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 06:05:00 am »

its a known bug, if you really dont like him you can delete him using runesmith.
One ghost busted. thanks.

The same thing you said about claiming a coffin, the problem being your dwarves can't path to the corpse, so you have to locate it and create a path.
No corpse unfortunately. either he dodged into the volcanoe or his corpse got thrown in during the post siege cleanup. ah well.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 07:12:33 am »

Those ghosts are a lot more dangerous then I initially thought as well. I had another fortress before that had 3 or zo ghosts floating around for years. This time around I let one wander for a season and it ends up attacking my only engraver, ripping her right leg clean off before she gets rescued.