Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Way too many dwarves  (Read 539 times)

Mercenare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Way too many dwarves
« on: April 17, 2011, 07:09:10 pm »

Hello, i was wondering what the population cap was? also, i have waaaaaaaaaay too many dwarves then i know what to do with, and i was hoping for some suggestions on what i should assign them all to do.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Way too many dwarves
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 07:19:50 pm »

200 is the cap. It can go higher, but that's where it stops sending more dwarves. Any migrant waves already on their way will come regardless.

You can change it by going into the init file and setting it manually. You only need like.. I think 80 for every benefit. I stick to about 100.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

Mercenare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 07:24:30 pm »

Thanks :) Any higher then 100 and it feels like i have too many standing around doing jack all.

Zorromorph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 07:32:50 pm »

That means you don't have enough for them to do :).  Start an insane, ridiculously complex and pointless megaproject!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 07:38:02 pm »

Recruit them into the military and have them fight directly with the goblins.
If the goblins aren't enough, then download the Fortress Defense Mod which you can find somewhere by googling it up.
It'll ensure you that you are always scrambling for more dwarf migrants, unless of course you sissy out and bunker up.

Mercenare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 07:39:15 pm »

Haha i have been recruting most of them straight into the military, but i don't have a high enough armour and weapon output to equip them all. That or i don't have enough leather for backpacks/armour.

EDIT: The megaproject idea sounds fantastic >:] It would get rid of all the ridiculous amounts of diorite i have.