Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good old wounded militia commander!  (Read 404 times)

habskovy27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Good old wounded militia commander!
« on: April 20, 2011, 10:53:04 pm »

Well I don't know if this would be better in the bugfix section or here, but anyways I'll give it a shot here just to see what you people think of it...

SITUATION:
After being attacked by a bunch od bloodthirsty goblins (obviously), my militia commander lost a leg and is now confined to bed forever, even after being healed by the doctors and all.

SUGGESTION:
I think it would be pretty neat if my dwarf would be able to walk with crutches while he has a leg missing. This way he would remain the militia commander, and would wander in the barracks yelling at everyone because they don't spar hard enough, saying that in his good old time they had to spar all night long to strike the veil goblins. He might also sit in a corner and mumble about the day he lost his leg in combat (Think of lieutenant Dan in Forrest Gump)!

Well I guess you get the picture, I hope to see my good old dwarf lead the youngster against the goblins once more!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:58:53 pm by habskovy27 »

Conflict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Good old wounded militia commander!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 12:37:54 am »

Crutches already exist in-game to allow dwarves to move around, even with a missing leg.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Crutch-walker

habskovy27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 12:45:20 am »

Oh really? Then why does my dwarf stays in bed? I assure you I have tons of crutches and he's completely healed (with remaining scars of course!)

EDIT: also if it exists, I suggest the dwarf to become an old grinch and/or a redundant story teller (maybe with skills, i.e. Legendary old grinch / redundant story teller)
ahah
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:49:33 am by habskovy27 »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 08:02:55 am »

Deconstruct the bed and see if that gets things moving.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

habskovy27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 12:20:42 pm »

yeah! I wonder why I didn't think of it! Thanks!