Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A few bestiary critters, free to a good home.  (Read 817 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
A few bestiary critters, free to a good home.
« on: April 15, 2011, 12:48:47 pm »

So I made a few creatures.  Pretty much just for personal mods, and they aren't anything really origonal.  But since I figure there must be at least a few people who want some more monstrous wildlife critters wandering around their worlds, and I can't find a recent minor mods thread I figured I would throw them up here to save folks the trouble of modding in the critters themselves.

First entry is the basilisk.  Folks who watch the modder's workshop may have seen me post these guys.  This is an updated version.  Basilisks have very strong scales (the equivalent of copper or iron) and they have a strong paralyzing bite.  They can be made into war animals.  Goblins should be able to bring these guys as mounts.  There are basilisks who live on the surface that are dangerous, and there are cave basilisks that live underground that are even more so.  Surface basilisks have copper equivalent scales, cave basilisks have iron.

Spoiler: creature entry (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: basilisk body file (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next up, are you tired of griffons just being a creature of legend?  Well not anymore!  These are probably the weakest things in my own list.  They have no unusual abilities or special attacks.  They do have feathers on the front half and hair on the back though, which took me some time to figure out how to do.  These have a different internal name than the vanilla legend only griffon so it shouldn't cause conflicts if you don't feel like removing the vanilla version.

Spoiler: griffon bodyplan (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And last but not least, do you think giant bats are pansies?  Next up we have the loser stepson of the dragon family, the Wyvern!  Another critter that goblins should bring with them into combat, they are able to fly over walls, and have a powerful poison sting.  Should you somehow get saved when they knock you out, you still have severe localized necrosis and pain to deal with.

And there you have it.  A few critters to add variety.  Just plug them into a raw file.   

Anybody else have any creatures they made that don't really fit into a larger mod that they would like to throw out there?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 02:14:11 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: A few bestiary critters, free to a good home.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 02:04:00 pm »

What's up with the basilisk's START1 and PEAK2? Those will produce errors in errorlog.txt.

Griffons are really nice, I thought about adding them to Genesis, just didn't get to it yet. If you don't mind me including them, tell me and you will go into credits in an instant :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 02:11:01 pm »

Ah my bad.  It actually isn't producing an error, and it seems to work fine (and indeed immediately paralyzes as it should) in arena mode...huh.  Ah I see, it's the kill effect.  It seemed to be working but maybe they were just getting killed by other means.  Anyway fixed.  Still wonder why there was no errorlog for it though.

Anyway I corrected it. 

P.S. And feel free to add them, I would be honored, genesis mod must be the most well known mod out there right now :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 02:15:51 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 02:58:52 pm »

In Soviet Russia, YOU become well known for Genesis mod.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 03:32:16 pm »

So how DO you Ruskies feel about Yakov Smirnov being the most notable Russian personality for most Americans?

In Soviet Russia, Yakov Smirnov is known for YOU!
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 05:09:02 pm »

I wonder who is it :P.

P.S. Ah so he is a man born in jewish family in Ukraine who emigrated in USA early... So he's not so russian after all :P.

P.P.S. He's got +points for being a comedian author though, it's a respectable occupation for me :D.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 05:11:23 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬