Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Glass...bars?  (Read 378 times)

Salamander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Glass...bars?
« on: October 31, 2007, 07:19:00 am »

I was on a map with aquifers and magma, so I decided to make glass of just about everything I needed.
At one stage I tried making an Enormous green glass corkscrew, but it said I needed two bars.
I am not sure what it actually wants, as a glass bar does not appear to be an item you can create at the furnace, but I did try making the corkscrew with different things.  I tried when I had three green glass blocks, but it still wanted "bars".  I tried with two raw glass, it still wanted bars.  Finally I tried it with cut glass, but my glassmaker just sat endlessly without a job, and not even try to make it (He was without a job for a very, very long time).
I also noticed that if the glassmaker does not have item hauling enabled, he will just sit there and do nothing when sand gathering is the next job to do, rather then just doing the next job in line (Probably actually better to include sand gathering as part of the glassmaking labour).
If the whole bar thing is just a dialogue error, does anyone know just what he wants when he asks for a bar?

[ October 31, 2007: Message edited by: Salamander ]

[ October 31, 2007: Message edited by: Salamander ]

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Glass...bars?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 08:24:00 am »

Same problem here. Also: the glass trap components aren't on the manager screen. Neither are metal crossbows.

cliffjeff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Glass...bars?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 11:07:00 am »

yeah, my guess is you're not supposed to be able to make a glass corkscrew and the fact that the option is there is the bug, not the inability to make glass bars.