Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So my baron died  (Read 419 times)

BulMaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok follower
    • View Profile
So my baron died
« on: April 11, 2011, 08:56:27 am »

As the titles says, due to a slight glitch in the fort's watering system, the baron along with 14 other peasants, 8 of which were children drowned. He was a cool noble too. No fancy stuff for him, just wooden barrels and the occasional bin. Now since he had just gotten promoted to the job and his residence was and is still under construction, furnishing stopped after the incident, what to do. Wait to the get a count?

I like having ranking nobles, gives my fort some sense of class and aristocracy. Of all my forts so, well just about 15ish not that many, this is the first time i've lost one. Sure i've gotten the occasional mayor, slaughtered, but who hasn't. If only at least he had a dignified death from magma or a bad encounter with one of the countless skeletal barn animals that wander into my fort on a regular basis ... Which reminds me what to do with them? I just keep piling up skeletal yaks, goats and marmots.

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
Re: So my baron died
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:23:57 am »

You're a barony.  A new baron should turn up with the next migrant wave.
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 09:43:29 am »

You're a barony.  A new baron should turn up with the next migrant wave.
No, it won't.  Immigrant nobles are bugged, barons can only come by promotion of one of your own dwarves.  And it appears that you only get that promotion once - I don't think you can ever get another if yours dies.  (Not sure though, I haven't killed many barons)
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

BulMaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok follower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 10:20:14 am »

Ah well looks like the mayor is getting the royal suite then.