Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speed in adventure mode  (Read 4548 times)

dorfstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Speed in adventure mode
« on: April 12, 2011, 02:49:22 pm »

Agility seem to play a part in it. Race another (dorf/human/elf). Are there any other known factors for the Speed value of your character in adv.mode?

Will it increase after you get Super<dwarf/human/elf> agility from more playing?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Speed in adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 03:02:25 pm »

Agility is indeed the main (only? Except like weight) on how fast you can go. (oh, and if you're crawling, etc.)
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

dorfstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 03:08:34 pm »

Okey.

I tried creating a bunch of different characters specced out in the same way. There seem to be a random element involved as well. Elf with superior agility and strength, high toughness and endurance. Varied between 1690 to 1915 speed with all equipment dropped (to remove weight factor).

EDIT: I wonder if it has to do with height and weight differences between diff chars. Taller + thinner = faster?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 03:12:29 pm by dorfstrom »

Ale and Axes

• Bay Watcher
  • Chug - Swipe - Cheer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 05:43:44 pm »

In my experience Strength is as important as Agility when it comes to a character's speed.