Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Modding questions thread.  (Read 20006 times)

Ithato

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Modding questions thread.
« Reply #270 on: April 06, 2011, 11:15:37 am »

Is enough of the save file format understood to be able to pull out metadata like world/fortress/group names or year/season? Or should I mostly count on the folder name itself for year/season and give up on the names?

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 06, 2011, 02:13:49 pm »

I have couple of question regarding a creature editing. im not very skilled on that part yet.

1. How does it work to create a skeletal creature. im making a megabeast that is automatically a skeleton. does it work if i just remove all the tissue layers?

2. How can i make that creature have same equipment (for example, robe, scythe and a sword) every time i gen a world. Do i need to edit bodyfile and replace it's arms with scythe and a sword?

damnit. i forgot that last question

adamdesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2011, 10:26:07 pm »

ummm quick question. when you make the body txt and a creature txt for your animal where do you put the txt files inside the rars?
If My Name Was Urist I'd Kill Myself-Urist McSuicide

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 08, 2011, 10:58:45 pm »

1. How does it work to create a skeletal creature. im making a megabeast that is automatically a skeleton. does it work if i just remove all the tissue layers?

2. How can i make that creature have same equipment (for example, robe, scythe and a sword) every time i gen a world. Do i need to edit bodyfile and replace it's arms with scythe and a sword?
1. You can use NONE:NONE:NONE:BONE:CARTILAGE in place of the usual arguments for tissue layers.
2. FORCED is an acceptable availability token.

ummm quick question. when you make the body txt and a creature txt for your animal where do you put the txt files inside the rars?
In the same folder as all the other text files, [DF folder]/raw/objects.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

adamdesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2011, 11:07:07 pm »

alright but what about inside the objects? do you place them in a pre-made txt i.e. body_default or do you just place the plain txt file of your creature in there all by itself as it's own txt?
If My Name Was Urist I'd Kill Myself-Urist McSuicide
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]