Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: wounds not mortal enough  (Read 1003 times)

Hasse

• Bay Watcher
  • Mining Dwarf, always mines, nothing else!
    • View Profile
wounds not mortal enough
« on: August 13, 2013, 09:33:49 am »

I can watch golbins get shot for hours, getting all its bones broken and still survive!

so heres my question
can i make wounds bleed more?
can i assign internal organs get "Mortal Wound" if damaged?
can i make internal damage actually kill dorfs?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: wounds not mortal enough
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 11:14:12 am »

1.) Yes!!! Either increase the contact area of bolts (bigger wounds -> more bleeding) or increase the [VASCULAR:x] rating in tissue_template_default.txt. Preferably both.

2.) I'm assuming that by "mortal wound" you mean the way heart trauma works. If so, then yes!!! Just give [MAJOR_ARTERIES] to an internal organ's tissue in tissue_template_default.txt.

3.) You mean by blunt bruising? Not in itself, no.

What I did was make the ribcage cover the organs a lot more, so that a mace to the chest nearly always sends bone fragments into the heart or lungs, cutting them into pieces. The details for rib positioning are in b_detail_plan_default.txt, do a search for "RIBCAGE". The number after the name of the covered organ is the % chance it will get between the hammer and the innard.

Hasse

• Bay Watcher
  • Mining Dwarf, always mines, nothing else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 10:24:42 am »

Thank you! internal damage is killing now :)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 11:35:57 am »

For hammers bruising, I believe you can increase pain caused by tissues. That way the enemies will be prone to passing out. Creatures quickly finish off their enemies when that happen.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 12:14:22 pm »

Bruises in soft tissue don't bleed or cause pain. They'll just briefly disable any functional organs, which is how punches to the chest can knock the air out of someone.

I just set the pain receptor levels of skin and muscle to 10,000x their normal level and took a steel mace to the testing dwarf. All pain was still caused by only bleeding cuts and broken bones.