Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Back recovery methods?  (Read 1518 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Back recovery methods?
« on: April 17, 2011, 04:24:03 pm »

I threw out my lower back, pretty bad. Like, agonizing, crippling pain at certain angles. I'm pretty new to this problem, anyone else with severe back issues got some tips for recovery? Done some stretches, IB Profen, really hot bath to get the muscles to relax....short of a visit to a massage therapist, anything else?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Back recovery methods?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 06:12:57 pm »

I believe I hade a teacher with back issues before. If I remember right he had either this chair or thing he sat on that realigned his spine or something like that. Maybe you should search for something like that, can't hurt. I may be just misremembering something though.
My personality profile.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 08:22:41 pm »

Doctor.

And I mean a real doctor, not some fancy masseuse.

_____

• Bay Watcher
  • turtle meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 08:34:23 pm »

Doctor.

And I mean a real doctor, not some fancy masseuse.

I went to a chiropractor for years as a kid. The trick is finding one that does the back-cracking, but not the whole 're-aligning your spine will make you fly and cure cancer' schtick. It helped me with my back problems and although I throw my back out every now and then, I'm much better now than I was then.

But yes, see an actual Doctor if it's a reoccurring problem.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 08:38:50 pm »

Yeah the problem with Chiropracty is the same thing with all alternative medicines.

For every single think it CAN do... there are plenty of things it cannot but is said it can.

Even blood letting actually had a legitimate use.

From what my internet tells me: Sitting down is worse on your back then you think.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 01:23:28 am »

First you need to find out if its muscular or spinal.  Pray for muscular.  Second, and this will sound weird, but kidney stones mimic lower back and side pain at "certain angles".  Something I had to get checked for.  Its its muscular, then steroids, painkillers, muscle relaxents and plenty of bed rest for a few days followed by mild stretching and exercise should fix it right up.

Edit:  I am not a doctor.  This is just what I was proscribed with similar symptoms to what you describe.  I was terrified I slipped a disc in my back.  Very happy to say otherwise.
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."