Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capturing large animals?  (Read 318 times)

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Capturing large animals?
« on: April 07, 2011, 04:27:36 pm »

I have a trapper with Trapping, Animal Care, and Animal Training enabled. I have cages, chains, and a kennel. There are elephants on the map, but he won't trap any.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Capturing large animals?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 04:31:35 pm »

Trapping deals with vermin. Cage traps are what you need.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 04:32:21 pm »

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 04:33:20 pm »

1) Trapping vermin? Like giant cockroaches?
2) How would I guide the animals into the cages?
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 04:42:12 pm »

You will need a Mechanic.  Make a Mechanic's workshop and have your mechanic make mechanisms.  Then build Cage Traps out where the elephants roam.  To encourage the elephants to walk into the cage traps, you can build walls to funnel them into the traps.  It also helps to take advantage of natural choke points in your terrain - for example, if you have lots of little murky ponds on the map, you can build cage traps immediately next to them, since creatures tend to hug the sides of ponds when walking around them.

Once you have captured elephants, you can have your Animal Trainer tame them.  The elephants will then promptly starve to death, since in the current version tame elephants can't graze fast enough to keep themselves fed.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 04:44:36 pm »

So slaughter them ASAP.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!