Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Patch update moody problems  (Read 380 times)

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
Patch update moody problems
« on: April 06, 2011, 04:56:26 pm »

My moody dwarves want yarn and items I can't give them because no sheep or other creatures that yield wool exist in my world.  My only Diagnostician died because of an update inconsistency.  Is there any way to change the save file to remove a mood from a dwarf because this specific problem didn't make sense to me.
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
Re: Patch update moody problems
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 05:00:05 pm »

No, there isn't.  Moody dwarves will make demands, and if you cannot provide them with what they want, they will go insane.  It seems likely that this is not a bugged behavior, but rather bad luck (unless your moody dwarf were to request something like Slade, which is impossible to get, then it would be a bug).  Sorry, best of luck to you.  If you have any dogs, assign them to you dwarf.  That way if said dwarf goes berserk, at least the dogs will kill them before any damage is done (hopefully).
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 05:21:28 pm »

What do they request specifically? If they want yarn (wool thread) or yarn cloth you can apperantly meet their demands if you put [YARN] tag into raws of silk or plant fiber.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 05:27:23 pm by Dwarfoloid »

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 05:53:34 pm »

I don't think moody dorfs ever want thread.  He was possessed and just said cloth... thread.  I had cave spider silk thread/cloth, GCS silk thread/cloth, pig tail thread/cloth and rope reed thread/cloth.  He must have wanted yarn.  I'll try that raw should this situation crop up again.  Once this fortress crumbles I'll make a new world in this patch anyway.
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk