Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heroic Animals  (Read 514 times)

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Heroic Animals
« on: April 06, 2011, 06:36:22 pm »

So, I'm playing an adventurer and I'm doing okay. got two peasants following me around tow ard off boogey men.. killed a wolf, killed a bear, killed a dragon.. so I'm feeling beefy. There's a bronze colossus shrine to the north...

Why the fuck not?

Well, about 5 minutes into the fight, both peasant are dead, and I've resorted to running around throwing rocks at this monster to keep it from killing me. Anyways, I fumble over a hill and find a river. I have a devious plan... maybe if I get the colossus by the river, I can throw rocks at it, and maybe it'll dodge into the water. So I gather some rocks, and get by the river and wait for it. I'm standing by the water, the colossus is a few spaces away from it... I ready my throwing arm... ''Come on you big metal bastard... time for a bath.''

Then.... win.

The collosus gets right by the river, intent on pounding me into goo. I'm probably screwed, because if this plan doesn't work I'm going to be soup. Then, out of nowhere, an ALIGATOR charges from the river and bites the collosus! The collossus, now worried about the aligator, charges the creature and they go tumbling into the water together. All the while I'm standing there, dumbfounded.

This is what I saw right after, as I can no longer see the combat because it's underwater. I'll never forget the day a random aligator gave it's life for mine. Never Forget our Four-legged Heros.

You ever been saved by an animal?
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heroic Animals
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 06:46:14 pm »

Apparently I COULD see whats going on in my combat log. The aligator lost, obviously. :(
Legacy of Insightshields

GC1CEO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:54:42 pm »

Had a goblin ambush reduced a bit when they managed to walk through the enraged badgers I had been using for target practice.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 06:58:18 pm »

I can see him in the 'level below you' view in the top right... just sitting there. Will he drown? I don't think he needs to breathe.. but I cna rest here now, instead of it saying ''oh god no giant statue wants to break you.';
Legacy of Insightshields

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 07:09:24 pm »

The alligator obviously made a poor meal choice. Did he thought his teeth were tougher than bronze or what ?

Also, you can now throw fluffy wamblers at it at your leisure.

ShinWalks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 07:36:17 pm »

I got ambushed by a pack of kobold rogues, but the world map spawned us directly in the midst of a pack of wolves. They tore the kobolds to ribbons as my party walked to the next area tile and 'T'raveled. :)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 07:43:51 pm »

I can see him in the 'level below you' view in the top right... just sitting there. Will he drown? I don't think he needs to breathe.. but I cna rest here now, instead of it saying ''oh god no giant statue wants to break you.';

He's probably too close (and too hostile) to let you rest right there.

Just chuck rocks at him until he falls in half.