Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Misc. Reaction Questions (re. plant materials, item tokens, powders, items, etc)  (Read 598 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile

I've got several questions regarding custom reactions. I've got some ideas regarding plant based glazes, and for modding in uses for the blood and ichor brought in barrels by traders, and stuff of that nature, but I'm not sure if they'll work or how best to make them work (and in the case of the plant based glazes, what I've already tried has failed)
Anywho...

1.) What are the proper item dimensions for liquids (for use with the LIQUID_MISC item token) (ie. is one unit of liquid written as "1" or "150"?)

2.) What are the proper item dimensions for powders (for use with POWDER_MISC item token) (ie. is one unit of liquid written as "1" or "150"?)

3.) What are the proper item dimensions for leaves (for use with LEAF item token) (ie. is one unit of liquid written as "1", or "150", or what?)

4.) What are the proper item dimensions for drinks (for use with DRINK item token) (ie. is one unit of liquid written as "1" or "150"?)

5.) What happens if I have bars, or cloth, or something else which is tracked in unusual units as a product, but I do not specify a product dimension?

6.) If I have a reaction using a reagent that is stored in a container Do I absolutely need to specify the container as a reagent as well?

7.) can I specify a reagent entirely through the use of reagent modifier tokens (ie. [REAGENT:a:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:<reaction product>])?

7b.) What happens if a reaction like the one described in question seven could apply to more than one type of item, and those types of items were measured in different units?

8.) Are there any known bugs related to calling plant materials as materials in reactions, particularly in regard to reactions that use IMPROVEMENTs instead of PRODUCTs?

9.) Are there any known bugs related to calling animal materials as materials in reactions?

10.) can the IMPROVEMENT token and the PRODUCT token both be used in the same reaction (not necessarily in regard to the same item)?

11.) What are the valid subtokens and materials for the REMAINS item token?

EDIT: Oh, also, one more question:

12.) Can I use NONE as a Creature ID to allow the use of the appropriate material from any creature?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 01:28:43 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I am in a hurry, so a few quick answers:
1) Liquids have no dimension (1 unit is 1).
2) Powders are 150.
3) I think leaves have no dimension (1).
4) Drinks are the same as liquids (1 unit is 1 drink).
5) You can end up with 150 (or 10000 in case of cloth) units if you screw up with your reagent/product amounts. Just count it properly and it should work. Otherwise no other problems (I think you can have 1/150 bar as well, not sure here). Better safe than sorry :P.
6) I think that if you do not specify a container, the game won't look at reagents in the containers (like it was before the feature was introduced).
7) Yes you can. I do it a lot.
7b) All eligible reagents will work. I.e. if you wanted to target ANY stone item, add REACTION_CLASS:STONE to the stone template and use [REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_REACTION_CLASS:STONE] to do it.
If they are measured in different units you may end up with 10000 cloth or something. Just use commons sense :P.
8 ) I didn't try improving with plants (flour glazing anyone?) yet so sorry, this one is unaswered yet.
9) You should be careful to properly use these, easy to make an error here, otherwise it should work fine.
10) I don't see why not, I have to try to be sure though.
11) I don't know. Maybe there're none, or they are not on wiki (or unknown). If it's just REMAINS:NONE:NONE:NONE, it will take any vermin remains. I think you can specify the vermin type through the material, but I didn't try that yet.

I hope that helps.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As demonstrated by my successful "roll cigar" action thread in this very forum, leaves have no dimension. 1 = 1 leaf, so consider Deon's supposition confirmed.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, also, one more question:

12.) Can I use NONE as a Creature ID to allow the use of the appropriate material from any creature?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just noticed something weird about liquids in the raws. the dimensions of LIQUID_MISC seem to be inconsistent (look at MAKE_MEAD versus PRESS_HONEYCOMB or PRESS_OIL)
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις