Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: First time I ever saw a heard of badgers...  (Read 1725 times)

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: First time I ever saw a heard of badgers...
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 09:39:27 pm »

I started counting badger-badger-badger on my last mini-embark to build an adventurer safe-house in the woods. Strangely only one of my kobolds died because of them (drowned thanks to the damn miner going to bathe before digging a ramp for her  >:(), even though it was a 2x2 and they surrounded us at all times. Didn't want to get migrants before I abandoned so I left during summer with the building only half done. I can see why they would be so deadly though; the agro'd kobold and animal alike near constantly.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 10:32:22 pm »

They have annoyed my plant gatherers, and harassed my herd, but haven't actually done more than bruise folks so far.  Of course, I haven't had giant badgers, just normal ones. I've also noticed they rage for no reason at all.  Badger doing its thing conga-lining along through the trees, RAGE! ... calm.  All without having another creature closer than 6 to 10 tiles.

Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 10:44:59 pm »

The rage thing is in their raws as [PRONE_TO_RAGE] or some such. Makes them rage more often, pretty obviously.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 02:54:15 am »

Has anyone researched war badgers? SKELETAL badgers?

Yep. War giant badgers make excellent meat shields. As with dwarves, they will usually kill a single goblin soldier pretty fast, bashing him to the ground and ripping off some limbs.
War GB will however flee from combat if injured and stand little chance if outnumbered by armed goblins.
Another drawback is their vulnerability to arrows and bolts.

Giant badger are good againt FBs and outright slaughter various underground animalmen.

They'll surely rip apart a thief if he comes across but usually are not able to chase him down.

that's all i observed in my last fort!
to make it short, War GB are just like polar bears of something like that.
better than grizzlys and better than giant tigers because they don't waste time on that stupid scratch attack.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 04:40:38 am »

Here is a little educative video on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.
Pages: 1 [2]