Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't haul large gems?  (Read 2776 times)

Juason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't haul large gems?
« on: April 04, 2011, 11:34:01 pm »

I have a pile of large gems sitting on my trade depot that I've acquired over the past few years.  I have plenty of finished good stockpiles accepting "large gems", and plenty of gem stockpiles, and some accepting both.  Would anyone happen to know why they are not being removed?

Thanks!

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: Can't haul large gems?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 11:46:10 pm »

Are they Forbidden?
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 11:50:10 pm »

I've noticed this as well. The large gems don't get hauled to any stockpile, no matter what. The dwarves will touch them: bringing them to the depot, decorating them, etc, but no stockpiling.

Juason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 11:52:04 pm »

Nope, not forbidden.  Durrr.  probably need to add this to the bug tracker then if others can verify.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 12:49:32 am »

Is it just the decorated large gems not getting moved?
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

swampwater

• Bay Watcher
  • needs alcohol to get through the working day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 01:52:27 am »

I'm having this problem too, it seems to apply to all large gems acquired through trading, decorated or not- the few that I've cut in-fortress got hauled to finished goods just fine. my treasuries just aren't the same without my usual heaps of jewels laying about.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 02:19:50 am »

I can confirm this issue, by random chance three of my artifacts are perfect gemstones and not one has left the jeweler
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 08:27:36 pm »

Gems and gemcrafts for me - I have some artifact gem crafts (sceptre, earring, bracelet) and they won't stockpile either.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

zerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 08:50:17 pm »

I think I saw this happen.

Does forbidding, reclaiming, and then dumping them cause them to be moved?

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 10:09:35 pm »

I think the problem is that "gem" is not a material recognized by finished goods stockpiles right now; you can't restrict or permit gem crafts.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 10:23:07 pm »

Gems are their own category for stockpiles.  I had the same problem, and managed to solve it, but I can't remember now what I did (it was during the weekend). In my case, they were moved to the depot, but not sold, and then left behind and not returned to the gem (well, general) stockpile. I -think- I had to dump them, then reclaim.

Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Dwarftosser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 12:06:26 am »

I've got an artifact green jade earring that I've had no luck moving.

It's currently surrounded by traps...

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 01:04:32 am »

Gems are their own category for stockpiles.  I had the same problem, and managed to solve it, but I can't remember now what I did (it was during the weekend). In my case, they were moved to the depot, but not sold, and then left behind and not returned to the gem (well, general) stockpile. I -think- I had to dump them, then reclaim.

Small gems are their own category.  Large gems are hidden under the "finished goods" portion.

Moosey

• Bay Watcher
  • [moose brute extract]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 01:19:58 am »

Yeah, I've noticed this too.  It also goes for goods (rings, figurines, etc) made of gem material that gem cutters sometimes make.  The gem-goods can be hauled from the workshop to the depot for trading, but they won't be brought to any stockpile.
Backs to the wheel
There's granite to shove

wedgebert

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 01:53:28 pm »

As an FYI, this is Issue 4430 in the Bug Tracker.