Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The flux isnt gone! :D  (Read 781 times)

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The flux isnt gone! :D
« on: April 05, 2011, 10:12:44 am »

Just noticed. i genned a new world in .25, and i went to a place that told it had clay, shallow and deep metals. no flux. Then i embarked. And what is that in the horizon? YES! LIMESTONE! AND metals! Yay!

This is gonna become a great map. :D

so any of you thinking that flux is gone, or bugged. think again. i just got it along with other metals. :)

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The flux isnt gone! :D
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 10:16:31 am »

I think that a lot of people forget about marble and decide that if flux isn't the top stone layer, it's not there at all.

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 10:26:52 am »

I think that a lot of people forget about marble and decide that if flux isn't the top stone layer, it's not there at all.

ye. i know marble is usable. but i saw someone make a thread about flux being almost gone. or that metal would be gone if you had flux, and vice versa. so i just had to share that its probably fixed (?)

anyways, i got both. :)

Mechlin

• Bay Watcher
  • /u/sarasti_
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 10:30:13 am »

This new embark prospector is kinda bugged I think. I once embarked in a place that got only soil and flux and it turned out to have some gold too (~900 in a 2x2 40 zlvls area). The other place was supposed to have one deep metal and it had four kinds of metal (all was tested with mineral frequency set to 1000).

And yeah, flux is definitely not gone.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 11:03:09 am »

I keep forgetting that Dolomite is Flux. Not that it matters because all I have is Cassiterite. Which seriously bites. I'm completely out of anything until I breach the candy. Which I've found is HOLLOW, so I'll have to take care.

Juason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 12:16:53 pm »

The bug I reported is that the embark screen and Finder get buggy if you set the mineral scarcity down low.  Sure, you got a good embark location.  I spent HOURS trying to find similar :grumble:  So, don't go wasting it on !fun! :P