Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Decorated Trash  (Read 374 times)

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Decorated Trash
« on: November 21, 2007, 04:11:00 pm »

I had my craftsdwarf set on "Decorate item with bone". He decided to pick up a large copper dagger which I had got from a corpse. Thing is, the large copper daggor in question was marked for melting. He added the decoration to it (got it a masterwork O_o).

I don't think they should decorate or otherwise improve something that is goign to be melted down into scrap metal.

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decorated Trash
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »

Probably related to http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=002043
Dwarves seem to occasionally trip up in the head and use the wrong materials when making stuff, but still make the item correctly.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 03:44:00 am »

That's not the problem...

Decorate with bone picks up a random item and decorates it, the problem is that the random item he chose was marked for melting. So basically he added an improvement to something that was going to be thrown away...

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 03:46:00 pm »

Did he tantrum when it got melted?   :D
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive