Poll

Hammers or Axes?

Hammers
- 42 (29.4%)
Axes
- 101 (70.6%)

Total Members Voted: 143

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Hammers or Axes?  (Read 3790 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Hammers or Axes?
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2011, 02:13:21 pm »

Hammers for armored, axes for unarmored. I personally like axes for adventure, considering I just strangle everyone then slit their throats  :P

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2011, 02:56:33 pm »

Silver hammers are the majority of my squad. :D ( yeah, i have only one. ) I have 5 hammers, 2 axes, 2 crossbows and 1 sword. :)

The sword are for supplying my world with green bodyparts. >:)

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2011, 03:04:50 pm »

Let them arm themselves. It's more fun when they equip at random.

SocietalEclipse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2011, 12:28:25 am »

Let them arm themselves. It's more fun when they equip at random.
I don't like it when my miners won't mine because soldiers took all the picks.  Yes, I could just make more picks but I have no iron ore on my current map so the picks are copper and would make terrible weapons if a soldier had that as a preference.

As to the OP's question I generally use 6 axes / 4 war hammers per melee squad.  If a drafted migrant comes with a weapon skill I assign that weapon manually.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2011, 12:56:02 am »

Previously, I mentioned my obscenely heavy hammer that caused reliable knockback. I just went back to my 31.21 install so that I could verify the weight:

Steel: 785,000 Urists
Copper: 893,000 Urists
Silver:  1,049,000 Urists
Platinum: 2,140,000 Urists

Not that anyone asked. I just wanted to share.

At any rate, I don't think this is a unique idea as such, and I'm going to mod in a hybrid weapon. The hack attack from an axe, plus the bash attack of a hammer. That way, I don't have to choose which I'd prefer to arm my military with, as I can effectively do both for the material cost of a single weapon. =D
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2011, 01:22:20 am »

At any rate, I don't think this is a unique idea as such, and I'm going to mod in a hybrid weapon. The hack attack from an axe, plus the bash attack of a hammer. That way, I don't have to choose which I'd prefer to arm my military with, as I can effectively do both for the material cost of a single weapon. =D
A... Haxe?
Instead of axedwarves/hammerdwarves, you'll have H4x0rves.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2011, 01:44:49 am »

A... Haxe?
Instead of axedwarves/hammerdwarves, you'll have H4x0rves.
And it will use their Butchery skill, since I can't have it use both hammer and axe skills, and it seems horribly appropriate.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2011, 02:47:59 am »

Don't forget to give it multiple lines of the blunt attack in the raws, otherwise the difference to normal axes will be neglegible. Edged attacks are 100 times as likely to be picked as blunt attacks.

V12US

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2011, 09:58:54 am »

We'll call it a snow plough.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2011, 10:07:28 am »

On another note: modded minimum size greataxes. Having Bronze Collosus problems? They'll cut it down to size (kibble & gore) inside of a minute.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]