Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dwarves hate lever!  (Read 366 times)

DimmurWyrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dwarves hate lever!
« on: October 18, 2006, 09:52:00 pm »

I have had a lever with a pull task for almost an entire year now yet even with a dozen idle dwarves nobody has the time to pull it... I checked it very thoroughly and it is completely accessible and nothing is on top of it etc. they just refuse to pull it :/ (it worked the last spring) it's hooked to my floodgates for farming so I haven't been able to grow anything all year and my poor dwarves are gonna be a might famished come next spring.

DimmurWyrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dwarves hate lever!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 11:49:00 pm »

well that forts a loss... everyone went insane and slapped the stone bridges into pieces (and they get killed by wolves when they can do that?) I mean that's kinda lame but whatever. I had to rebuild the bridges 5 times because they targetted them specifically to cut thmeselves off from what food I was able to provide :/ finally they took down the second before I could get the first rebuilt and that's all she wrote because the stone is on one side and workers on the other so game over.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 12:16:00 am »

Always build traps around your bridges, on both sides.

Insane dwarves stop noticing traps, so your traps should take them out before they can do any damage.  Plus, of course, it will keep any other nasties from using your bridges...  river and chasm creatures love to ambush things going across a bridge, so traps will at least ensure that those ambushers don't wander anywhere else.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

DimmurWyrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 12:31:00 am »

actually wasn't a berserk dwarf was tantruming ones :/ those seem to just walk over traps.