Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pasture bait  (Read 671 times)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pasture bait
« on: April 06, 2011, 01:35:23 am »

So. I had a dogsplosion.

If I pasture the puppies way out from my base (to soak up some of the badger rage), will they run out of the pasture scared? Furthermore, will my dorfs try to go put them back in the pasture? Also, same question for any animal I pasture out, my kitten collection is getting pretty stupid too.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pasture bait
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 01:37:47 am »

Yes and yes. If you really need to get rid of non-pets you can just butcher them. If they are pets you can pasture them under a drawbridge/over a repeating spike trap.
Memento Mori

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 01:47:14 am »

Lame.

Well, I'd rather not just butcher them. That's too easy of an answer, and my instincts tell me that the mark of a good dwarf is creativity. Also, I want to see some badger-on-puppy violence.

I think I'm just going to chain them up out there.

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 01:49:50 am »

Make a Puppy Pit of Doom. The proximity aggravation will keep the population to a certain level, and you can feed it as many badgers and goblins as you want! :D

Oh, and magma.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 02:17:08 am »

Lame.

Well, I'd rather not just butcher them. That's too easy of an answer, and my instincts tell me that the mark of a good dwarf is creativity. Also, I want to see some badger-on-puppy violence.

I think I'm just going to chain them up out there.
make your puppies [PRONE_TO_RAGE:1] and then we shall see who is going to be violent