Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to add "meterial" in mililitary menu.  (Read 407 times)

DinnerAdventure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to add "meterial" in mililitary menu.
« on: April 03, 2011, 11:30:57 am »

Well, I accidentally "deleted" the metal armor option in the equip menu of a dwarf. So now I'm tring to add it again, but there is only the leather armor option. Now, I know I have to press M to change/choose meterial, but nothing happens when I press or click it. What should I do?

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
Re: How to add "meterial" in mililitary menu.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 11:32:23 am »

assign armour you want like normal, then press M for materials and move over the armour you put their, and then choose a material for it.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

DinnerAdventure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 11:41:25 am »

Ok, one more thing. I chose iron short swords and iron helms, but now it says peasant couldn't pickup equipment: equipment mismatch. What is this?

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 11:44:46 am »

usualy problems like forbidden or not currently in existance or another dorf in that squad picked up the same sword another went for.

youll have to look about for the helms and swords and see the actual problem yourself.

DinnerAdventure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 12:21:14 pm »

I see, thanks!

Let me ask another question since I don't want to make another thread. I made a danger room and a 5 dwarf squad. Now I marked the place for them to move but they just move around the room (the room is in walls, outside.) and only one or two gets inside. How do I make all of them get in there?

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 04:01:03 pm »

youll have to  build a armour stand, weapon rack or a bed and assign a room as a barracks and have them train in their. thats the only way youll get them all in the room at the same time. also make sure that if any of your millatery have children then lock the doors and micromanage, or if their in a relationship status married before going into millatery/have a baby move them to a none danger room squad for a short stint. theyll get trainned up by the other danger room guys when they join back together outside of it.