Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Troubles with marksdwarves  (Read 318 times)

Erling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Troubles with marksdwarves
« on: April 03, 2011, 07:07:47 pm »

Hello there. Playing 0.31.25 I've encountered some problems, and I'll be really greatful if someone helps me with solvin' them.

1. Marksdwarves can stop practice at shooting range nevertheless they have crossbows, bolts, quivers, proper alert, uniform and scheduled orders. Sometimes they return to practice after a while, sometimes they remember about shooting ranges only after re-draft or after shooting at animals.

2. Marksdwarves refuse to take equipment. One of my soldiers had one steel bolt in his quiver. I ordered to dump it because I wanted dorf to take a new pack of bolts. After that he refuses to take bolts AT ALL. Re-draft didn't settle the problem.

3. Militia commander refuses to have practice at shooting range. Completely.

Erling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Troubles with marksdwarves
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 07:13:44 pm »

UPD: re-draft settled trouble No.2 after all, but that's not OK anyway - dorfs mustn't refuse to take assigned equipment, must they?

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Troubles with marksdwarves
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 08:35:11 pm »

Make sure your hunters aren't hogging all the bolts (go to the Ammunition screen, delete the bolts assigned to hunters, and reassign them only wooden or only bone bolts, probably set them to only 30 or 50 bolts if you only have one or two hunters).

Bolts assigned to hunters are unusable by military, and vice versa.