Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No access to mechanisms  (Read 6698 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: No access to mechanisms
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 07:44:09 pm »

as soon as I've learned how to make a danger room.
You need one mechanism for the lever, and then two mechanisms and a training spear per tile you want to make dangerous.

1. Build the lever. (b, T, l)
2. Build a weapon trap using the training spear. (b, T, S, place the trap, select the training spear, press d to finish)
3. Link the training spear and the trap. (Press q when the cursor is over the lever, then a, S, Enter to select the training spear, Enter twice to select the two mechanisms)
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary.

Then set the lever to be pulled on repeat.

Getting dwarves into the danger pool can be done in one of two ways. You can draft them and order them stationed or training there, or you can set the pool up as a meeting area. The meeting area provides fully automatic training, but is only really suitable for fortresses with no wandering strays or children.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]