Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Temporary Fort First Plan.. Any others tried this?  (Read 1483 times)

Symmetry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Temporary Fort First Plan.. Any others tried this?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 05:51:16 pm »

I always do this, but I don't always manage to build the real fort.  15 years and counting in the current one.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 06:13:35 pm »

I have a standard floor layout that's very efficient. I frequently just repeat that and dedicate each layer to one specific industry. The first layer is usually the first soil layer, so that just becomes a farming layer when I dig further down.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 12:19:48 pm »

I do this all the times. Its basically just a little wall or dig surrounding a surface farm, with a few basic workshops, stockpiles, and meeting zone all piled on top of each other. Its a mess, but its only until the main fort is dug out enough that everyone can move indoors.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 05:08:23 pm »

I start digging and cutting trees right away. I then build a food stockpile, and some workshops on the surface: carpenter, still, kennels, butcher, tanner, leather worker, clothier, smelter, metalworker and whatever else I need at the moment. I build these workshops out of wood and small amount of stone and stone blocks, I may have on embark. My workshops are scattered around my entrance. When I dig out at least 1k underground space, I move all workshops, stockpiles and items from the wagon there. After that I usually relocate my workshops and stockpiles once or twice, when I have some more room, and build wall and traps around my entrance.  When the initial courtyard becomes too small, I build a bigger wall around it, and dismantle my first wall.. It can get quite efficient with setting stone stockpiles beforehand. I like flat, calm embarks. Other than that I leave invaders on, and use default Dwarf speed.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 [2]