Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bugs Toady has NOT fixed.  (Read 3692 times)

BurnCruise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs Toady has NOT fixed.
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 08:17:01 pm »

No ramps, only doors. I know the doors arent blocked because i had a stonecrafter and several others running through them. I put one of them in the military and made him a hunter. I gave him a bow (not a crossbow though) but he didnt go pick it up. He also didnt pick up his quiver, arrows or armor.

I did wind up dumping the fort when i downloaded .25. I dont know how to transfer that stuff so i just said fuck it.

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 10:17:08 pm »

I thought dwarves didn't use bows, only crossbows.

BurnCruise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 11:13:37 pm »

I dont know if they do or not but it would be nice and give a reason for the arrows (foreign) option while assigning ammo. Still, he should have gone to get a quiver, which he didnt.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 03:48:13 am »

Military training without a danger room is absolutely useless. I think that's the biggest one.
untrue. you can train on wildlife and prisoners and get high skills.

Yea, this seems to be something popular to say is it a bug. But I really don't think it is. It makes sense to me that a bunch of folks with no training with weapons, wouldn't be able to increase their ability through sparring with each other, all that much. Then there the personality affects with it as well.

I've had a much easier time training a military by bring a dorf with some teaching skill, and military skills. And he can get them to competent pretty easily and it doens't take to long.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 06:10:55 am »

I put a dwarfs emark points all on teacher and sworddwarf. Only to find on embark, the dwarf I assigned the points to had no skills at all!! Grr at wasted points and no captain to train my squad with!
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 07:22:32 am »

... the one where there's generic surface grass in the cavern. not that i'm complaining, since the underground trees are still there...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 07:39:41 am »

I put a dwarfs emark points all on teacher and sworddwarf. Only to find on embark, the dwarf I assigned the points to had no skills at all!! Grr at wasted points and no captain to train my squad with!
Is it reported on Mantis with working instructions to replicate it?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.
Pages: 1 2 [3]