Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf rotting away in barracks  (Read 770 times)

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf rotting away in barracks
« on: March 28, 2011, 02:49:53 pm »

A dwarf got badly beaten up and wasn't sent to the hospital as normal, instead he lays in the barracks and slowly rots away, the doctors only diagnose him, nothing else

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf rotting away in barracks
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 03:31:44 pm »

Anyone know whats wrong? Ive since had more casualties that acted fine

bp1986

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 04:31:34 pm »

Had a dwarf recently who got lightly injured (without even my knowledge), went to a bed and stayed there. The only reason I noticed her at all is that I started getting a bunch of job cancelations trying to give water, but failing because there was no bucket yet. Made a bucket and she was fed and watered, but never got up even though she fully healed.

Long story short, removed the bed and she got up and went to work.

(granted, this was natural healing as I don't have any medics at all)

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 05:07:02 pm »

Neither is my problem, I have 5 doctors and a ton of buckets, the dwarf died and fortunately wasn't a very valuable dwarf.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 05:12:14 pm »

Could have been a misdiagnosis. If a doctor's diagnostician skill is low, there's a chance they won't see anything wrong("Ah, forgotten beast ripped your arm off? You're fine, clean bill of health!"). The injured dwarf will not receive a second diagnosis unless he gets hurt again, although whatever was wrong from the first injury could be properly diagnosed at that time.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 05:23:04 pm »

Nope he got diagnosed at least 40 times by a High Master Diagnostician, I suspect a bug.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 05:57:08 pm »

Could have been a misdiagnosis. If a doctor's diagnostician skill is low, there's a chance they won't see anything wrong("Ah, forgotten beast ripped your arm off? You're fine, clean bill of health!"). The injured dwarf will not receive a second diagnosis unless he gets hurt again, although whatever was wrong from the first injury could be properly diagnosed at that time.
Okay, that is really stupid.

There must be a way to recode that so there's a recheck on injuries if they're not healed.

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 06:22:57 pm »

Hurt him again. I believe a repeating spike trap does the job. Use the crappiest spike you can get. Poke him until the doctor notices. Do so until he does SOMETHING about it.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 10:16:06 pm »

Guys dead, I had a new casualty with both a red leg and a red arm, he was in and out of the hospital in under a week. Seems like the rotting guy was a bug - he was diagnosed around 40 times before dying and nothing was ever done for him I even set up a hospital zone for him, oh well. It's nice how survivable the military is nowadays though - steel body armor+ helmet really stop most of the cheap 1 shots from happening and limbs are pretty easy to fix.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:20:48 pm by psychologicalshock »