Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What I've always wondered..  (Read 499 times)

DaJonkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What I've always wondered..
« on: March 28, 2011, 02:49:17 am »

If I end world gen at lets say 250 years, and then proceed to play for 300 years.. will the world have progressed the same as if I had ended world gen at 550 years?  Or will I affect it?  Or will it mostly come to a stop?
- Protector of those who are always used in or are victim of dangerous experiments, random acts of violence, deliberate acts of unnecessary violence, unjust punishment by false blame of error, justed punishment by blame of trivial everyday stuff, oh and mythological species racism in general. (I help them with law stuff and filing basics forms, as claws, tentacles and whatnot can make that difficult... no forms no benefits, travel coverage, ect apparantly in this world *sigh*).

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
Re: What I've always wondered..
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 03:59:19 am »

I think it doesn't proceed at all. It's just that by year 550, there'll be less stuff (megabeasts) of one kind and more stuff of another (surface magma, dwarves, armour and weapons).
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What I've always wondered..
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 08:04:42 am »

History freezes after worldgen. Toady will gradually change that, but for now time just freezes outside your playing area after worldgen.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.