Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Megaproject set up?  (Read 1242 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Megaproject set up?
« on: March 25, 2011, 06:16:11 pm »

I have a nice Mega project idea, but I need a way to keep all my dwarfs happy with minimal space consumption, any suggestions?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Megaproject set up?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 06:16:50 pm »

Waterfall mist maker.

EDIT: This.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 06:18:08 pm »

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Mist

^ Everything you ever need to know about mist.

ETA: Ninja'd. Still, set up a good mist-maker system in a nice dining room and/or statue garden, and watch the happy thoughts boom!

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 06:21:21 pm »

Artifacts and high quality goods placed in high-traffic areas help also. I'm pretty sure that engraving walls serves this purpose, too.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 09:14:53 pm »

Don't know if a mist generator will compensate for a lack of bedrooms, but if not you can create some pretty opulent 1x2 or 1x3 bedrooms if you throw a gold cabinet in them. Maybe even 1x1 bedrooms would be good enough. Not sure how well extremely fancy dorm rooms work but since not all dwarves sleep at once you can get by with fewer beds.

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 09:16:17 pm »

If you get artifact chains/mechanisms/buckets, make them part of the well. Make them meet near the well. Presto.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 11:19:44 pm »

Don't know if a mist generator will compensate for a lack of bedrooms, but if not you can create some pretty opulent 1x2 or 1x3 bedrooms if you throw a gold cabinet in them. Maybe even 1x1 bedrooms would be good enough. Not sure how well extremely fancy dorm rooms work but since not all dwarves sleep at once you can get by with fewer beds.
Don't forget you can encrust said gold cabinet with gems, jewels, spikes of bone and stone, and if you are up to it, possibly some hanging rings of pig tail fiber or elf hair spider silk ...
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 11:58:54 pm »

Waterfall mist maker.

EDIT: This.

Why do I have the urge to shoot your statues in the eye with an arrow...did you take those statue pics from a zelda game?

I'm currently working on building a prison tower. It will have the nicest beds, food/drink stockpiles in every room, and a window for each room on every side. I also plan on making a super deep pit on one side of it and dropping captured enemies off the tower into it.
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 12:02:12 am »

Not my thread, but I recognize the statues from Minish Cap.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!