Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Catapults.  (Read 1878 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Catapults.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 10:00:18 pm »

Catapults should be able to cause little dust clouds when they hit, like tiny cave-ins.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 10:03:30 pm »

You know, cave-in dust is one of the most powerful forces in the game, throwing entire titans across entire maps.  If catapults could cause cave-in dust, they'd become weapons of mass destruction, launching worthless stone.

Not that this is a bad idea, just sayin'.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 10:38:22 pm »

You know, cave-in dust is one of the most powerful forces in the game, throwing entire titans across entire maps.  If catapults could cause cave-in dust, they'd become weapons of mass destruction, launching worthless stone.

Not that this is a bad idea, just sayin'.

Well, if we start shooting cobaltite, pitchblende and cinnabar out of them, they'll have some pretty dense ammo to use.  (And cobaltite already has its value set in the raws.)
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 12:12:07 am »

Just a teeny cloud, maybe a lot bit weaker than cave-in dust. Also, if you shoot pitchblende, then the cloud becomes much, MUCH larger.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 05:02:33 am »

Catapults are a relic of the 2D era which never got properly adapted when the z-axis got introduced. Hence their strange behaviour. Likely, it'll be the Army arc where they see a revamp.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.
Pages: 1 [2]