Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dodgetraps and ambushes  (Read 505 times)

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dodgetraps and ambushes
« on: March 19, 2011, 06:23:54 am »

so in my latest super cool fort (:P)

i experimented with a dodgetrap-entryway with 5zlevel-drops as first line of defense ...

working splendid, it alone defended and or anihilated 3 sieges of stranglers and tigermen alone

now i received/trained/mooded several legendary crafters and start churning out mastercraft furniture and metal-weapons :P and the goblins are invading in massive waves of thieves ..

funny enough they drop out of stealth the moment they reach my trapped floor ... and just now i observed 2 goblin hammermen dropping into the "death room" out of nowhere without any message of ambush ... more to follow .. they keep retreating just after that drop or die on the spot

is that normal?

well nice enough of them so i could withdraw hunters and fisherman into the fort

PS: second to that all those hammermen are wearing cmetal crossbows and just leather clothes ...

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 06:35:57 am by schussel »

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
Re: dodgetraps and ambushes
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 07:36:43 am »

It also works with weapon traps that they kill goblins without alerting you about their ambush squad. Cage traps DO tell you, though.

[Edit]: Keep in mind a cage trap will only tell you about the squad it catches a member of (there is usually more than one squad, and each are detected seperately)
Soaplent green is goblins!