Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: feature drive  (Read 2858 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: feature drive
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 10:22:48 pm »

Vehicle mod? How much use would this have in regular vanilla? Sounds to steampunk.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Sabin Stargem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 11:18:25 pm »

To counterbalance that opinion, I favor steam and magic.  If the worlds of Garret and Arcanum can fit those elements into their setting, then Dwarf Fortress should be able to do it too.  I would also like to have muskets and blunderbusses, for my unicorn hunting expeditions.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 11:23:35 pm »

Vehicles are already going into the game during the Military Arc.  Remember, vehicles don't just mean cars and trains and the like (tho I'm sure more than a few rollercoaster megaproject will get made).

Rather, Wagons are a vehicle.  Hook some animals to the front, get a whip, say "YAH" and tan their hides a bit and you're moving.

Also, mine carts (which is where the rollercoasters are GOING to come from)
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 03:43:39 pm »

To counterbalance that opinion, I favor steam and magic.  If the worlds of Garret and Arcanum can fit those elements into their setting, then Dwarf Fortress should be able to do it too.  I would also like to have muskets and blunderbusses, for my unicorn hunting expeditions.

have you checked the modding forum some one has made blunderbusses before

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 09:52:07 pm »

I would actually prefer less drives, cause I kinda wanted creature archtypes instead of real world creatures.  Like a cow archtype would be a normal cow, but if it was naturally found in the tundra it would develop more fat and thick hair and be more like an ox. And it would suck to pay money so weasels get in only for them and all there mongoose, ferret, minx cousins replaced by a single archtype that creates random creatures based on there biome and the sphere there in.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 10:21:52 pm »

And it would suck to pay money so weasels get in only for them and all there mongoose, ferret, minx cousins replaced by a single archtype that creates random creatures based on there biome and the sphere there in.
That is true, but these drives are for the things that people want sooner rather than later. That is also why it's restricted to little things that aren't too hard or disruptive to fit in immediately.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2011, 05:56:55 am »

And it would suck to pay money so weasels get in only for them and all there mongoose, ferret, minx cousins replaced by a single archtype that creates random creatures based on there biome and the sphere there in.
That is true, but these drives are for the things that people want sooner rather than later. That is also why it's restricted to little things that aren't too hard or disruptive to fit in immediately.

Haha, yeah but I want random creatures sooner then later, and I don't mean ever creatures like a forgotten beast.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?
Pages: 1 2 [3]