Author Topic: Combat  (Read 602 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Combat
« on: March 18, 2011, 05:15:45 pm »

Ok, so it's mega realistic-ish.

But. Face it, you won't lop off a limb with your adamantine halberd if you swing it at them. It'll keep going.
So I decided I'll compile a mega list of everything that's wrong. Please post additions.
Some things I can see...

1. Slicing through a limb will probably cause you to continue slicing... think *arm*-*body*-*arm*-surprised goblin. XD
2. No matter how bad I am with a spear, and how bad copper is, my thrust isn't going to be deflected by someone's woolen vest. -.-
3. Stabbing someone in the eye with a 2H sword should smash most of their brains out too... ;)
4. A [FRONT] and [BACK] implementation really needs to be added. Fair enough if I smash their spine apart by stabbing straight through their front... but still... Which leads on to...
5. Stabbing straight through someone/firing a shot straight through should be VERY traumatising in the least. Especially if done from behind... XD
6. Weapons should probably get stuck in less often. It's troublesome to get it out.
7. Armor should really be seriously damaged by some nasty attacks.
8. A large weapon hitting a body part should do damage to a lot of components. No more breaking of one rib when kicked by an elephant. More caving in of your entire chest.
9. Blunt weaponry needs a rewrite. Currently it has a nasty habit of not doing much to organs, from what I've seen. I smashed someone's skull to bits 20 times before I hit their brain. -.- The body is better, but it should do more blunt trauma than light bruising. Someone mentioned somewhere that a heavy blow to the kidney, liver etc. hurts like shit. <- True. (Personal experience)
10. Nerve damage is too brutal. Dunno...
11. Bones need fixing. I can lop off someone's arms, and they'll quite happily kick me for a bit before they bleed to death, but if I chip the bone of those arms then they collapse in pain. And you kick their head in.
12. Wrestling should be used by the AI more. I get a strange satisfaction watching my enemy try to rip my weapons out of my hands.
13. Ranged weapon reloading needs a desperate fix. Currently it takes me minutes to reload a bow untrained. Why!? It's not that hard, but more importantly, why would I continue trying to reload while some dude stands infront of me and stabs my guts out.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Combat
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 03:54:39 pm »

Not even a negative flamy comment?  ???
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Combat
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 04:07:26 pm »

Not really worth it.  We know combat has a lot of needs, and that's what the Army Arc is for.  That's in the future though, and pretty much all of the issues have already been called out already.