Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Official Letter To The Elves  (Read 1501 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Official Letter To The Elves
« on: May 15, 2011, 03:49:11 am »

By Decree of

Lorbam Ustuthadek - Queen

The Oaken Tongs, Kinolin

wishes to inform the Elves of Salo Lanale
that Stone Conservation and Ultimate Management is now in place.

Your Forest Retreats will be forced to pay a charge for every stone marked, dug, trodden on, defaced, spoiled, extracted and any other action mentioned among Stone Charter Section A7.
Our own methods of Stone Extraction are kind, and do not harm the mountain. You do not have this knowledge.
Failure to comply with this offical letter shall result in military action in order to preserve the stone on which you live.
We hope you understand.
Have a good day. Official SCUM Letter

It's time the Dwarves got their own back on the Elves for their 'wood rules'  8)
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

candylord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Official Letter To The Elves
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 04:08:37 am »

problem is, I don't think elves ever step on stone except when visiting dwarves O.o
Statistically, one in twenty of us live next door to a pedophile. Not me though, I live next door to a stunning pair of seven year olds

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 04:12:02 am »

That just means they're closer to our army when they do it! Mwaahhah!
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 04:13:06 am »

I can imagine it now:Dwarves: Ruthless protecters of Stone.

Dwarf Fortress: Because economic based on wood are uninsurable for Magma Damage.

problem is, I don't think elves ever step on stone except when visiting dwarves O.o

Oh, I'm pretty sure that some elves have a guilty pleasure of carressing +Sandstone Amulets+ when no one else is watching
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 04:18:35 am »

Dwarf Fortress: Because economic based on wood are uninsurable for Magma Damage.

Sigged.

Komus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 04:58:16 am »

So say we all!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 06:23:29 am »

If only there was some way to mod this in... :-\
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 07:10:04 am »

So let it be known, when the ability to lay siege is introduced, you are all acting as SCUM to prevent harm to the stone we all live and work in.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.