Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creating a new world full of undead humanoids and creatures.  (Read 766 times)

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creating a new world full of undead humanoids and creatures.
« on: March 08, 2011, 01:28:08 pm »

I wanted to try something completely different mainly fighting the undead, because they never appear. I would like to make an world which has few weak civilizations being war with undead beings. I am currently using deon genesis mod, so I am unsure if this is even possible. How do I create a world like this?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Creating a new world full of undead humanoids and creatures.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 02:06:10 pm »

They won't be at war with the undead beings unless you give them a civ, raise them to [CAN_LEARN] status at least, and give them completely abhorent ethics. [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE] comes to mind.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 02:53:41 pm »

Alright, what if I don't want as a civ and instead make the whole world undead, with other civs of course. I just don't know how make this work.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 03:17:01 pm »

Pump up the evil squares, and about everything will be undead.  It might take some repeated regenning to get the numbers right (and figure out how many "small regions", "medium regions", and "small regions there are and what their counts are).

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 04:05:29 pm »

Pump up the evil squares, and about everything will be undead.  It might take some repeated regenning to get the numbers right (and figure out how many "small regions", "medium regions", and "small regions there are and what their counts are).

Thanks man, how do I do this? I can't finds these evil squares in the parameters.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 04:58:52 pm »

Are you using "design a world using advanced parameters"?

IF so it's very simple, just browse down the list of settings until you find something like "Evil Square Count In Small Regions" and pump that up.  You don't want to set it too high, or you'll get rejects.  There are also settings for Medium and Large region square counts.  Generally on a 129x129 map I end up using something like

Evil Square Counts:
Small Region: 512
Medium Region: 1024
Large Region: 0 (because I hate huge evil areas)

And the Good square counts I use look the same.  This leads to lots of little areas with good/evil, often very close together.

Interesting to note tho.  When making worlds with high Large Region counts that are evil, my world never gets out of The Age Of Myth.  I think most of the humans near the now evil ocean get killed off before ever challenging the bronze collosi.