Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minotaur Pwned... by a bear?  (Read 1153 times)

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Minotaur Pwned... by a bear?
« on: March 10, 2011, 11:42:00 pm »

So, a Minotaur has come. I was "cool never got one of those, besides, I don't have a military! I'm screwed!"

Issued some burrows and a alert, everyone minus a dwarf got in. A fisherdwarf. Okay, kill him mister minotaur. The dwarf runs to my pasture zone, where one tame grizzly bear is, and instead of running, it kicks the minotaur in his half-bull ass. The minotaur manages to run a little, only to be catch by the bear, almost lose his foot and arm, and die bleeding...

Aside from the almost indestructible bronze colossus, there is a titan... dangerous? really dangerous? I got a hydra once. "cool, full of heads, bite a lot, should give some trouble." One alone legendary axedwarf hacked it to death.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:52:30 pm by arkhometha »

Greep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minotaur Pwned... by a bear?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 11:48:30 pm »

Not really.

You want this

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 03:11:38 am »

I had a calf kill a werewolf once.

Was rather underwhelmed by that particular 'evil' biome...

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 03:28:05 am »

Hmm...Minotaurs are usually the most badass of the megabeasts (barring how irritating collosi can be when you are not using them to train up goblins for an arena fight), mostly I think this is due to their [Can learn] tag, which after a few hundred years (at least in adventure mode) makes them elite super dodging, super slaying killing machines impossible to hurt (unless you throw things at them, but that's an exploit :)  Young world gen or extremely unsuccesfull minotaur?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 03:29:55 am »

Hmm...Minotaurs are usually the most badass of the megabeasts (barring how irritating collosi can be when you are not using them to train up goblins for an arena fight), mostly I think this is due to their [Can learn] tag, which after a few hundred years (at least in adventure mode) makes them elite super dodging, super slaying killing machines impossible to hurt (unless you throw things at them, but that's an exploit :)  Young world gen or extremely unsuccesfull minotaur?

year 251. As I never fought against one, can't say if he was unlucky or if he's just lame.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 01:23:41 pm »

A bear, haha. I had one show up during a siege, right behind the goblins. They turned around, slaughtered it, and then carried on towards my fort. I thought that was bad, but a bear... wow.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 01:38:16 pm »

In my Adventure Mode travels, I've found Minotaurs to be surprisingly easy to kill, as compared to other megabeasts.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Chocolatemilkgod

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding fortesses with magma since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 01:48:20 pm »

What about giants? I don't know what they're classed by but one came up behind a dwarven caravan and I'm like 'Oh yeah, there're going to be some fireworks!'. And then the guards destroyed it in 5 seconds flat -.- .
Dwarf 1: This is the worst part... The calm before the battle.
Dwarf 2: And then the battle is not so bad?
Dwarf 1: Oh...right. I forgot about the battle.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 01:57:30 pm »

Fleshy titans are simply too easy to kill by anything that can either remove limbs or put holes in its chest. Get some mineral-based megabeasts and you'll be in for some more FUN.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 02:22:44 pm »

My minotuar was killed by a donkey when he raided my pasture. I wanted him for the zoo too.  :P
Memento Mori

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 02:31:09 pm »

And I have had a minotaur to rip off both arms from a void master mind flayer. Y'know, those things from genesis mod that kick heads off from bronze colossi. Talk about luck.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 02:36:59 pm »

Bears are like dwarves. They will drink every single kind of booze they're allowed to, have fur all over their bodies, but there's one important difference. They're stronger and they're on military mode all day long.

That's why there are as many bears as possible stacked on every single place a bear can be stacked. Everything's better with bears.