Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic 6... wait wha?  (Read 1643 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Heroes of Might and Magic 6... wait wha?
« on: March 11, 2011, 03:35:18 pm »

So i just saw the preorder on steam, anyone knows if its worth it?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Might and Magic 6... wait wha?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 03:52:48 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaXOGu2rzpw&feature=re%C2%ADlated%EF%BB%BF
Looks similar to 5. Probably lots of different races and a new campaign.
Nothing too different from the preview.

AND NO MORE HEXES :(.

I want my 3DO.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 07:07:57 pm »

Isn't it, officially, known under the semi-retarded "MIGHT AND MAGIC 6 : HEROES" ?

Because it was, last time I checked, and it somehow left the feeling it's incredibly fitting for the whole venture. I mean, I love Heroes 3, think that Wake of Gods is the best thing on this sinful Earth, have mild despite towards Heroes 4, and actually like Heroes 5, but things are getting silly. The 3DO lightning isn't striking again anytime soon, guys. You might as well accept that and start a new franchise. Oh wait, brand recognition, right? How silly of me.

Then again, Disciples 3 was such a let-down that I feel forced to keep my faith in at least one major turn-based strategy. King's Bounty is incredible, but it came somewhat out of the blue for me. I guess that made it even better :)
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 12:25:42 am »

Heroes Community has two threads of information about H6.

Faction Overview

Artwork Thread

There are also threads about the spells, but I don't know where they get their information from. The forum is chocked full of ideas people have about how they'd design it.

All I know is:

Nival Interactive, whom I consider doing a fine job in H5, is near dead due to financial problems. Ubisoft ditched Nival for another shop, Black Hole Entertainment, which has made some rather bad game (according to many others, I've never heard of them before).

But the factions and designs look alright to me. Will have to wait and see how the new resource system (only wood, ore, gold and magic crystal) works.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 12:30:28 am by kcwong »