Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Killing pets (cats. I want to get rid of them.)  (Read 1794 times)

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
Re: Killing pets (cats. I want to get rid of them.)
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 05:29:36 pm »

drop her into a cage,
then build the cage near your entrance.
release during next siege.
Art is a Blast

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 05:42:11 pm »

i believe [VERMINHUNTER] is broken down into several tags that each defines a specific behaviour of its bearer
among them i suppose, [ADOPTS_OWNER] makes cats adpoting owners on their own will.
taking that tag out probably means cat can only be assigned to be available.

In 31.18, the vermin hunter tag seems to imply adopts owners too. I gace my dogs the vermin hunter tag, and suddenly their adopting dwarves left and right.

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 05:49:40 pm »

i believe [VERMINHUNTER] is broken down into several tags that each defines a specific behaviour of its bearer
among them i suppose, [ADOPTS_OWNER] makes cats adpoting owners on their own will.

In 31.18, the vermin hunter tag seems to imply adopts owners too. I gace my dogs the vermin hunter tag, and suddenly their adopting dwarves left and right.
its been that way since the old days
Art is a Blast

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 08:04:43 pm »

i was talking about 31.21
just go check the cat entry in newest vanilla raw and you'll understand what i was saying.

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 01:25:00 am »

.31.20 should, in theory, make killing cats easy -- you can now assign pets to pastures and the pets stay within the pasture. Therefore, all you need to do is make a small drowning trap "pasture" that you only assign unwanted cats to. Assign the cat, wait til a dwarf delivers it, lock the door, open the floodgate, NEXT.

Not tested in it's entirety, but I did assign an adopted cat to a pasture earlier and it stayed within the pasture the entire time.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 01:29:03 am »

yeah, now cat is officially an overabundant food source
comparing to in older version, kittens.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 01:29:55 am »

So you can now pasture the pets of all your soldiers/woodcutters so they don't die during sieges and cause tantrums...
If their pathfinding is restricted to a small pasture does it stop your fps being raped? Would Chains be better?
A shame we can't pasture babies..
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 01:36:43 am »

So you can now pasture the pets of all your soldiers/woodcutters so they don't die during sieges and cause tantrums...
If their pathfinding is restricted to a small pasture does it stop your fps being raped? Would Chains be better?
cage would alway be better... and if i've excess stock of rope/chain, i would chian up some smaller grazers.
havent tested whether pasture would save the fps on pathfinding, but i suppose it does, to an extent..

A shame we can't pasture babies..
typical DF player, always takes a step further  :P
Pages: 1 [2]