Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dawn of history games  (Read 2177 times)

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of history games
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 11:37:43 pm »

you can go to legend mode, and see there are markets under structure
also if you hit export detailed map, there are few more options, among them there is trade and sturcture. and in trade map, you can see how markets works with settlements.
a medium world 100 years old, with 30 civs, from my experience, has varied number of markets from 5 to 12, and most occupied sites are linked to a market. and each market could link to another one, or few.

and in current version, especially for dwarven civs, limited sites means meagre variaty of goods, importantly metal, ore, stone, wood and animals. samething applies for elves and human, and any other modded races.
also it's possible, if a civ is at war with another, for a civ to be 'emptied out', assuming no one would found new sites and wild lifes are solidified.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 04:11:01 pm »

Actually I did notice that the first dwarven caravan showed up with an extremely crappy selection of goods, but I wasn't sure what to attribute that to. I guess this explains it.

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 01:07:51 pm »

I've done a few adventure mode games at year 6. With in about a day of playing I had defeated every beast that existed(and was accessible), couldn't get any more quests, and committed genocide of all by 6 humans(Lucky blow with a knife got to my brain before the end), and I promptly deleted the world. In fortress mode it's rally nice cause engravings are usually more relevant to your fort since theres no history to engrave.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Polar_Atom

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Cancels Life: Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 02:22:41 pm »

Surely then everybody would be 2 years old. Hohoho.
This forum post menaces with spikes of humour.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 03:15:56 pm »

I've got a 300 year game, that started right away with a cave-in in a cavern, way down at z-level 3. I'm up at 92 for the surface. I wonder if that's one of the things that gets taken care of when the world is allowed to age?

I did select a long time frame though.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 03:25:43 pm »

Nah, that happens anyways, regardless of age.  Another quirk of the worldgen.

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Belt-fed Weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 08:20:46 am »

One big difference is that some of your dwarves are still protodwarves (I call them Cro Magman).  If you go to the (v)iew menu, there's a blurb in there that says "he has the appearance of one of the first of his race." 
Dreambrother has my original hammer-shaped Great Hall.  Towerweak has taken the idea to the next level.

GotIt_00

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 08:28:35 am »

One big difference is that some of your dwarves are still protodwarves (I call them Cro Magman).  If you go to the (v)iew menu, there's a blurb in there that says "he has the appearance of one of the first of his race."

Oh! Cool. I always play pocket world with very short history, and I wondered why my dwarfs always had that descriptor.
Pages: 1 [2]