Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Moving materials between embarks?  (Read 1483 times)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moving materials between embarks?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 08:17:41 am »

I once read a forum post on this - modded bronze colossi to be adventurers and used one to shuttle things around. Hmm you may want to start as a dwarf adventurer instead of a human adventurer so you can wear fort-made equipment. It's a much faster way to start off than having to do quests etc to gather some initial (crappy) starter gear. Don't forget to start with Adequate Swimmer in your skillset. Then you run some macros to train up throwing by picking up soil, wrestling/fighting by finding some random animal to beat up without killing and you should be good to go.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 11:22:58 am »

No need to train up or do anything, I'd just make the adventurer, go to the old fort, grab junk, walk to the desired fort, and die.

Also, you can't embark with addy ;)

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 12:04:39 pm »

No need to train up or do anything, I'd just make the adventurer, go to the old fort, grab junk, walk to the desired fort, and die.

Demigod adventurer, all ability points into strength and agility. All skill points into ambusher. Adventurer is now a ninja capable of running from or hiding from even bogeymen.

If an adventurer kites an enemy into the lair, then "dies of starvation", I wonder if the enemy will still be there. Again, a lot of work to test this. Perhaps easier to test with hired soldiers.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 12:22:26 pm »

You could save yourself alot of effort and just embark with 10000x as many embark points, sure it's not the same thing as actually mining all that yourself but you could just assume that the mountainhomes are giving you all that stuff for your megaproject, and somebody back there would have dug it all out.

But that's just not nearly as epic!
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 12:54:13 pm »

Also, you can't embark with addy ;)
That assumes you can walk between the two fort locations in one day. Fair enough if that's the case, but otherwise be prepared to die at night - you can survive a lot easier if you've undergone training though it's still going to involve luck.
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 12:57:13 pm »

After a few quick runs, I found that you can sleep inside caves safely, and I enjoy caves, so my world would probably have a ton of caves.  Also I do pocket worlds, so traveling in a day or two is much easier.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 02:07:05 pm »

Ok, you got your plan. Time to execute it then.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 02:17:52 pm »

I'm busy with an existing fort sadly, and want to work on it for a while.  When I get to .21 or newer, I'll probably take this option though.  Wants me some Addy walls!

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 02:50:31 pm »

Being able to build a metal tower or castle, without cheating the bars into existence, would be amazing. Also an adventurer can carry 96x more bars of that than bars of gold, due to weight.
Well, i see this is an exploit and not tecnically a cheat, but i think that this still works:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51423.0
Pages: 1 [2]