Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So what effects Civ being taken over by HFS?  (Read 2005 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: So what effects Civ being taken over by HFS?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 01:37:45 pm »

hmm... still no demon dwarf leaders even with the tag but i got it to work for the keepers and I made them playable. Maybe demon don't like dwarfs...

Would you like somebody who broke into your house through the ceiling and then slaughtered your kin?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 01:48:34 pm »

hmm... still no demon dwarf leaders even with the tag but i got it to work for the keepers and I made them playable. Maybe demon don't like dwarfs...

Would you like somebody who broke into your house through the ceiling and then slaughtered your kin?
good point
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 03:33:13 pm »

There are two things I've noticed in my modding - An entity whose most important position is inherited (like the dwarf king) will not be taken over by POWERS. And an entity that worships a regional force (like the elves) will not be taken over by powers. Anyone else seems to be fair game for them to be usurped, assuming they have leadership positions. It doesn't matter whether they are generated via the variable positions tag or in the raws directly.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Heszeth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 11:53:30 am »

I once made a civilization of Hobbits that got tricked into thinking a demon of muck was their god of muck, thus becomming their leader.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 12:00:29 pm »

There was recently a topic about a dwarven queen who at some point in the civ's history had been converted into a night creature's wife. IIRC, she was still listed as the queen.

Not quite -- the art in question related to when the queen ascended to queen-ship. Dwarf Fortress doesn't store what a creature is on a yearly basis, so as far as the game is concerned, once you've been changed into a night creature, you've always been a night creature. After being captured by the night creature and transformed, the dwarven civ got a new monarch.
Pages: 1 [2]