Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hey, I survived a bogeyman attack! And you'll never guess how!  (Read 1453 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Some bogeymen attacked me and knocked me out in the middle of the night. I survived until dawn.

Awesome! and he was even a peasant!

EDIT: Tyop.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 06:44:44 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, I survived a bogeyman attack! And you'll never guess how!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 02:46:47 am »

you mean they were pummeling at your -bronze helm- but couldn't inflict any damage through all the night?
This happened to me several times, not for all night certainly,but looks like 1-2 hours of beating is tolerable.

Sscral

• Bay Watcher
  • привет
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 09:58:39 am »

A random moose came and kicked all of their brains into mush and then walked off? (Replace moose with any equally vicious animal.)
A three year old just made an artifact doll from the skull of his dead kitten. I can only assume the mind control lasted past death.
"Look, mommy!  Now I can play with Mister Fluffles forever!"

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 11:05:58 am »

he said he was knocked out , and by the way , I never seen a moose come my way and attack me , unless the bogeymen were lured , but I see that imposible...
Desu

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 02:01:42 pm »

My Kobold adventurer was watching boogeymen beat up a Dragon Raptor in Genesis mod for half the night, after I helped the raptor a few of them.

Unfortunately, the raptor was knocked unconscious as the sun was rising so I had to kill it and make armor out of its bones. Of course the next night I was punched to death by boogeymen.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 02:22:15 pm »

you mean they were pummeling at your -bronze helm- but couldn't inflict any damage through all the night?
This happened to me several times, not for all night certainly,but looks like 1-2 hours of beating is tolerable.
No, I had no helm!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 06:48:58 pm »

This will be karmaically avenged upon you when a mortally wounded, bleeding, armless bogeyman manages to flykick you in the head and destroy your brain through a steel helm whilst you were previously at 100% health. Trust me.

In all seriousness you may have gotten a really pansy generation of bogeymen as opposed to the super trooper flying death squad that typically spawns for me =/

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 02:11:40 am »

No, I had no helm!
Then it must have been moose really, or maybe giant badgers
The great Moose of Salvation, our lord and saviour, who resides in forests. Give us our sweetbread [4] and protect us from bogeymen and so on.
You know you must build a shrine for the Moose now?
he said he was knocked out , and by the way , I never seen a moose come my way and attack me , unless the bogeymen were lured , but I see that imposible...