Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Challenge: Armok BRB  (Read 2138 times)

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge: Armok BRB
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 12:25:05 am »

Replace/clone the auto-fat-rendering of the kitchen in the reaction_other.txt file with an auto-booze reaction.

Build one of those pressure plate auto-breeder/butcher machines to breed and process wild captured animals like clockwork.

Collect silk from a safe part of the caverns and auto-process it into thread, then cloth?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 06:56:10 am »

I forgot you can make other things into auto-reactions... but it's moot because the brewing reaction isn't in the raws, it's hardcoded.  I'm not sure if a custom, identical reaction would be cheaty or not.

Makigall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 01:30:07 pm »

Do repeat jobs cancel if nobody can reach the workshop?  If they don't, that is, if they remain queued but inactive then it should be possible through clever use of pressure plates to open and close workshop orders with a door attached to a mechanism.  Perhaps you could fully automate booze production by creating a barrel stockpile 1 tile wide and say 20 tiles tall.  At some point in this hallway stockpile is a pressure plate.  Stepping on the pressure plate lets pressurized water into another room which also contains a pressure plate.  The water pressure plate opens the door to the stills.  Throughout the fort dwarves perk up and go make booze.  When the water evaporates, or when another pressure plate is triggered in a booze stockpile the door closes and maybe those repeat orders remain in the workshops.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 01:34:44 pm »

I think these get Suspended, requiring the player to manually un-suspend it.  That is, if the dorf grabs a strawberry, runs to the still, and finds the still blocked, he suspends it.

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 02:02:26 pm »

Single dwarf, sealed in, a farm plot growing plump helmets, a dining room and a well.

Easy.

strange mood?
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 04:32:27 pm »

Single dwarf, sealed in, a farm plot growing plump helmets, a dining room and a well.

Easy.

strange mood?

Only happens if you have 20 dwarves or over.
Pages: 1 [2]