Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Super kitten  (Read 1615 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Super kitten
« on: March 05, 2011, 04:11:51 am »

In my current fort I've had a terrible time dealing with cats.  It seems like they reproduce as soon as I designate them to be butchered, and half the kittens get adopted en route.  Now I know why--last siege a kitten held off goblins for what seemed like ten minutes.  It was unconscious and they kept hitting it with copper morning stars, every time it "bruised the fat". wtf? The damn thing bled to death from torn muscles, apparently an adult goblin pounding away at a kitten's skull with a morning star for 5 or 6 combat log pages could do nothing to its brain.  Do kittens not have brains?  Is that why, when I cheat and create magma around stray cats wandering around outside, they always evade it somehow, and instead seven or eight dwarves die in weird heat sinks? Anyways. just a rant--anyone else have surprisingly resilient cat stories or was this an anomaly I should have taken a screen shot of for posterity?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
Re: Super kitten
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 07:41:25 am »

Could've it been a really obese kitten?

j0nas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:37:12 am »

Hellmoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Exports: Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 08:51:54 am »

Not a cat, but a piglet. Last siege I had, a team of about fifteen crossbow goblins (including one Elite) spawned up right near my main entrance and proceeded to shoot the crap out of a stray piglet wandering around out there - giving me ample time to deploy my horrifyingly vicious military. However, once the bloodshed had ended I decided to check on the piglet and discovered that not only had he survived about twenty-five bolts to various parts of his body, he had passed out on one of my cage traps - thereby triggering it and saving himself from dying of blood loss etc.

So, yeah, a sixty goblin siege with a total casualty count of one wounded piglet. I'm starting to think that WALL OF KITTEN is the ultimate defence.
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 10:05:44 am »

My cats often spot ambushes, and goblins need multiple bow / crossbow salvos to take them down. On the other hand a danger room is instant death to anything smaller than a big cat. Go figure.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 03:05:42 pm »

I had some sort of "glacier titan" blob that chased a kitten around the map the whole time it was there and never hit it once. The kitten would always dodge the attacks. Eventually the blob left the map, demoralized, kitten still in good shape.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 03:12:33 pm »

Decoy In A Can , i like it , okay first of all The morning star can be very unefective most of time , it may have spikes but seriously it wont hit to well.The kitten was well very lucky to whistand the bashing , and the surface was small , so its skull couldnt be jamed into the brain
Desu

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 07:41:50 pm »

I have found pastures filled with animals to be perfect distractions for goblin attackers, who continue to maul the livestock even as soldiers cut off their limbs. Not that they'd be as tough as that kitten, but its ok as long as I have reserves.

Seanp888

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy *shrug*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 12:51:19 am »

The closest thing i had to a story like this is that i most of the time chain up random animals that i find lieing around infront of my base past the gate

So on my first siege it turns out it was ALL marksgoblins and they promptly slaughtered my military forcing me to hole up in my base for a while, but while i was holed up they all took shots at my animals in till they all ran out of arrows and pummeled them to death , so after i knew they had no ammo i just marched out with some random civvies with some kinda military training and beat the snow out of the goblins
\  I don't imagine them marching out there in a column and facing the enemy in a phalanx and using traditional footwork and precise blows to disable their target.  I figure they chug six beers, strap up and roll out with the intention of making something vomit.\