Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I think I just got killed by spoiler-related FPS death in Adventurer mode.  (Read 711 times)

Johnny Madhouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has this already been mentioned? I was fast traveling across the world when the game paused for a really long time, finally switching to my adventurer party. I recieved this announcement:

You have discovered an eerie cavern.  The air above the dark stone floor is alive with vortices of purple light and dark, boiling clouds.  Seemingly bottomless glowing pits mark the surface.

I closed that window and tried to move and the game froze. Were demons about to boil out of the ground and slaughter my hammer dwarf?
Useless migrants go the Culling Burrow.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile

There are threads about already opened HFS on embark with fortress mode, and exposed caverns with adv. mode. Sounds related...Or is it?
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Johnny Madhouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

These weren't caverns. The area I spawned in was all rock, no plants. I didn't think to try and look around, but it was a dark stone like slade! I'm trying to figure out where I was in legends mode so I can go back and take some screenshots. I was in the middle of the wilderness though, which is going to make that hard. 
Useless migrants go the Culling Burrow.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

try embarking their in a fortress to see if it throws up another adamantine spire situation.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It might have accidentally placed you in HFS instead of on the surface.

But you should still embark there and find out, like Karakzon said.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".